A strong immune system is crucial for every humans’ well being. It protects us from illnesses, viruses, and bad bacteria and supports our healing process. Therefore our immune system is a wise and experienced doctor that lives in our bodies and acts as a guardian of our wellness.
The relationship between our immune systems and our bodies can’t be one-sided, and we have to preserve and nourish it, just as it does for us.
There are some vitamins and supplements widely available that will support our immune systems, however, it’s more beneficial to receive most of our vitamins naturally, through healthy foods and an active lifestyle.
Foods that support our natural defense mechanism
First and foremost, if you want to have a strong immune system, you must eat well, and by eating well we mean consuming as much organic produce as possible. Mother nature has provided us with some exceptional natural products that will boost your ability to fight illnesses, diseases, and viruses.
Luckily, this list of superfoods that can strengthen your immune system is not very short, including products like:
- Citrus fruits
- Low-Fat Yogurt
Lifestyle to boost your immune system
Along with the foods we mentioned above, in order to support our immune systems, it is essential to have a healthy lifestyle. Particularly useful activities are:
- Regular exercises
- Avoiding or at least minimizing stress. In other words, don’t worry be happy
- Quality sleep. According to scientists, for adults, the appropriate duration of sleep should be 7-9 hours.
- Drinking plenty of water. As a rule, every adult should drink at least a half-gallon (2 liters) of water daily, however, you should calculate your exact dosage of water considering your weight, height, and age.
- Get plenty of sunlight by laying on the beach or taking a walk outside.
- Washing your hands frequently.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, and junk food.
Last but not least, we want to remind you of one famous quote “Eat your food as your medicine. Otherwise, you have to eat medicines as your food in the future”
It should be noted that all the superfoods and activities mentioned above, are beneficial not only for your immune system but also for your energy levels, thought clarity and positive mood.
Article By Lel Shera
One thought on “Strong immune system & easy ways to boost it”